Warning

WARNING

This blog will contain...
...profanity, sexually explicit dialog andadult imagery.
If you are under 18 and/or offended by this...
THIS IS NOT THE BLOG YOU ARE LOOKING FOR

Thanks fiona, from "Sir Q and Me" for the warning message that just makes me melt. :)

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Safer sex in an erotic romance novel?


I was reading on Twitter.com one day and found this page called "Just Get Tested"- you can find links to their website, Facebook page, and Twitter profile at the bottom of this post. A few tweeted conversations later with the person who runs their page and I found myself asking a beta reader about what she noticed in terms of safer sex- she hadn't noticed a thing. Well having lost friends to HIV/AIDS when I was a teen just coming to terms with my sexuality, I had to know what I'd done in my erotic romance.


I was slightly amused when I tried searching "condom," "orgasm," and "cum" [my preferred slang term for male ejaculate] in both "Out of the Night: Book One" and "Gates of the Garden: Book Two." On "condom," I found the word 4 times in "Night" and not at all in "Gates."


Now if you've read "Night" you know that Mearr/Vala likes to talk directly to the reader; please go here for purchasing information if you haven't read "Night" yet. The first thing I want to share comes from early in "Night" when Mearr talks to the reader about becoming ready to change, to accept The Queen's help:


[Excerpt from "Out of the Night: Book One" by Joelle Casteel]


I was lucky and never caught HIV or another STD. Damn lucky! And I entirely owed it to the kids at the gay high school who gave me condoms all the time.


The day after The Queen brought Mearr home, just pages in fact after the previous snippet, two of The Queen's slaves (Tommy and Simon) come to the loft to prepare breakfast. Mearr, even before she's renamed herself Vala, is already at her bratting :D.


[Excerpt from "Out of the Night: Book One" by Joelle Casteel]


Tommy brought two plates, heaped with food, to the table and placed one in front of The Queen and then Mearr. He knelt next to The Queen. "Simon and I can leave now and return when you wish us to clean up. Is this acceptable, my Queen?"

While The Queen's attention was diverted, Mearr rushed to her jacket and grabbed a condom. She dove under the table and crawled to him. Her hands moved up his legs and stopped on his belly just above his cock. Suddenly she took his cock into her mouth, making loud slurping noises for Tommy and Simon's benefit.

"Ah... yes... good," The Queen choked out, gesturing wildly at the door as his cheeks colored.


The Queen and Mearr then have some amazing sex that includes everything on the kitchen table getting knocked to the floor and a few moves across the room. After they've both enjoyed their orgasms, this conversation takes place, The Queen speaking first:


[Excerpt from "Out of the Night: Book One" by Joelle Casteel]


"I am glad to see you grabbed a condom."

She nodded. "It's habit, thankfully, though I've always dreamed of getting the chance to have sex without one."

He laughed. "Some day I will have to explain how we handle safer sex in my stable." He kissed her cheek. "Are you on birth control? Do I need to get you some?"

"Yes, please, I need to get on birth control," Mearr replied.


Six months passed that the newly renamed Vala summarized, time in which not only her HIV/STD tests came back negative, but also as she recovered from her drug abuse and anorexia. So yes, I admit- dental dams not mentioned. I've never quite been able to get into their use so I admit my failure to mention them at all is personal. However considering the rigorous standards, which The Queen's slave Mandisa explain to Vala here when she got to ask his stable questions before joining, I feel the family maintains decent safety standards without the use of dental dams. Vala asks:


[Excerpt from "Out of the Night: Book One" by Joelle Casteel]


"What about condoms? Do we all use them here? Where're they kept? Or is this something I won't have to worry about 'cause of the class I'll be in after being collared?"

"Dr. Lindemann comes for a visit every few months and tests us all for HIV and other STDs," Mandisa explained. "Everyone is disease-free and all females are on some form of birth control so we don't use condoms with each other. With certain friends of The Queen's, like Prince Synn, condom use is optional and The Queen will tell you beforehand."

"Otherwise, outside of the stable means condoms, but you won't get to have sex with anyone without permission, so you don't need to worry where the condoms are," Simon added with a cocky grin.


Then we get to "Gates of the Garden: Book Two" (soon-to-be-released). And yes, as I mentioned at the beginning, the word "condom" doesn't show up once. This is the second book in the series, just about half of her first week as The Queen's slave. She's already shown as disease-free and has only had the chance to have sex with (using condoms every time) the disease-free The Queen, Tommy, and Simon. Of course, Simon's correct- Vala doesn't have the chance to have sex with anyone besides the The Queen and his stable. They are what is considered by polyamorous people as "practicing fluid fidelity."


A bad start to the day means that Vala and Iona (another member of the stable) "restart" The Queen's day. Here you see his orgasm:


[Excerpt from "Gates of the Garden: Book Two" by Joelle Casteel]


When The Queen's groans boomed out of control, Vala rolled off him to the opposite side of Iona. She took his cock into her mouth, taking his loving cum into her, and pulled back. Iona whimpered as she sucked on his cock. After he let out a long, trembling moan, she sat up and grabbed Vala to her, their mouths open with the kiss, their Queen's love flowing between them. They swallowed each other's kisses, one hand holding the other's head.


Just Get Tested!!

Webpage: http://www.justgettested.com/


Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JustGetTested



Twitter: https://twitter.com/JustGetTest

No comments:

Post a Comment