Warning

WARNING

This blog will contain...
...profanity, sexually explicit dialog andadult imagery.
If you are under 18 and/or offended by this...
THIS IS NOT THE BLOG YOU ARE LOOKING FOR

Thanks fiona, from "Sir Q and Me" for the warning message that just makes me melt. :)

Friday, October 4, 2013

I don't wanna go to the doctor!


Nope, this isn't about a specific kink (although I'll take specific kink recommendations for future posts in the comments section :D). What this is is a vent, a clearing of the air, a totally TMI moment around my identity as a lifestyle submissive.


On the 8th, I have my yearly medical check up. For much of my adult life, I've either had limited (as in Medicaid) or no health insurance. My Master married me as soon as my divorce was finalized so He could take care of me and my teen; unlike The Queen with his ability to pay his friend Dr. Karl who is "kink aware" to come see his slaves when they need, there is no "Dr. Karl" my Master can afford. So I use His insurance- mind it is very good insurance- to go to a local doctor in a clinic who is no way on the National Coalition for Sexual Freedom's "Kink Aware Professionals" list. I just spent a disheartening several minutes looking for any entries in "doctors/M.D." or "well practitioners/non-M.D." 1 singular entry in my state- for a massage therapist whose office is way more than 2 hours away from me. In further research, I've considered seeing if Planned Parenthood is kink aware- the nearest office is about 26 minutes away. There's a naturopath in town, but I believe insurance companies aren't required to cover their services in Michigan.



I share this information because of that check up on the 8th. For the last two weeks, I've been even more emotional, unbalanced, tense than usual. Repeatedly I've messed up the mood in bed because I suddenly got terrified that something my Master might do might leave a mark- yeah, He's aware of how extra insane I get around my check ups and so He's not going to do anything that'll leave a mark. I desperately want it to be the 9th, even the evening of the 8th, after the check up is done. Of course, the fact that all 3 of us in my family go to the same doctor probably doesn't help my anxiety on this any. I wish more doctors would take the time to increase their knowledge of diversity so there'd be more entries on the KAP list. Although at the moment, I think I might appreciate the dual approach of a naturopath and Planned Parenthood- but the first won't take my insurance and is too expensive otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment