Warning

WARNING

This blog will contain...
...profanity, sexually explicit dialog andadult imagery.
If you are under 18 and/or offended by this...
THIS IS NOT THE BLOG YOU ARE LOOKING FOR

Thanks fiona, from "Sir Q and Me" for the warning message that just makes me melt. :)

Saturday, December 31, 2016

New website and discussion of transphobia

http://www.joellecasteelauthor.com
So last time, I relied on someone I thought was a friend to set up a site for me and host it. This time, I have contracts :D Went with a Weebly and paid them money. I know at least one person- hey Roz!!- had issues commenting on that other website, but hopefully the Weebly won't have that issue.

I want to take a moment here- I'd debated about issuing an apology because part of what that former friend did was write me a tagline without talking to me first that was transphobic. Now it wasn't obviously transphobic- to a cisgender person who hasn't been taught better- but if he had asked me before going live, I could have told him how he was wrong. As it was, I asked a genderqueer friend hir opinion because I wasn't sure it was transphobic and ze confirmed for me that it was wrong.

"Non binary role" is transphobic. First "non binary" isn't a thing I've ever seen. Nonbinary or non-binary. Second nonbinary is a gender, just like man or woman; it isn't a role that someone changes like clothing; it's a core piece of their identity.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new website Joelle, I just managed to leave a comment :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Roz :) I had to smile when I refreshed my page and saw your comment.

    ReplyDelete