Warning

WARNING

This blog will contain...
...profanity, sexually explicit dialog andadult imagery.
If you are under 18 and/or offended by this...
THIS IS NOT THE BLOG YOU ARE LOOKING FOR

Thanks fiona, from "Sir Q and Me" for the warning message that just makes me melt. :)

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

#WIPiTuP Version 2- Bina and Tabitha talk online after Tab's Drunken message #FF #spanking #BDSM #GBLTLit

Sharing WIPs (works in progress) can be so very fun! On this lovely blog hop, enjoy a bunch of authors sharing excerpts of what they're working on- get ready to add some great books to your TBR, once the author publishes :) Although occasionally you may find an author sharing a published work. Give 'em a break- these may just be roughly edited- but please do leave a comment! We authors like to know we're going in a good direction.



So I've dealt with the 3329 word chapter; it's broken in half, although that means I now have to write a brand new chapter in Tabitha's POV :D. In its two pieces, it's much closer to my average of 1600 word per chapter. If you want to see what it was like in Tabitha's POV, click here: http://joellecasteel.blogspot.com/2015/02/wipitup-bina-and-tabitha-talk-online.html . Now here is approximately the same area of story rewritten in Bina's POV. So this is after Tabitha goes to a bar, gets drunk, and decides to use the liquid courage to email Bina about her attraction, rather than going home with a random guy for casual sex. Bina replies to the drunken message, ending it with an invitation for Tabitha to message here.

---

Tabitha Loving: Bina?

Bina clapped her hand over her mouth. She's on! Bina Syntha: Oh Tabitha :) I'm so glad you're up. How are you doing this morning?

Tabitha Loving: Hung over, as you worried, but I had some toast, water, and aspirin. I'm working on a cup of coffee now. I offended Lisa- my calico- by saying if only I had a big dog that could have tripped me and kept me off the computer last night. Not that I regret sending you the message. I'm so glad I sent it before I could change my mind. And bless you for taking the time to say that this isn't a one-sided attraction; you can't imagine how good that made me feel reading that this morning.

Bina laughed. Even hung over, she's still thinking like an author, a novelist, explaining her motivation. She traced her fingers over the edge of her fancy candy bowl as she considered Tab's words and how to respond to them. Finally she started typing. Bina Syntha: Aw, but I loved getting that message from you. I'm a chicken- even online- and I can't imagine how long it would have taken for me to gather the courage to say something like that to you.

She lay her head on the back of her armchair. The happiness traveled through her like a palpable thing. She looked back at her laptop to see Tabitha's comment waiting. She wiggled in her chair.

Tabitha Loving: It's easier to make our characters be daring than to do the same ourselves, isn't it? If I felt even half as confident as I've written Tara to be.

Bina Syntha: Well Tara is a sweet. I love how she takes care of Cara and Sara, how she encourages Cara to take care of Sara too. You're sweet too though. It's not like you had to offer to read my Sum/Yuri story, especially reading the call and seeing my piece was likely to be experimental. And you with so many novels published, me with just a short story.

Tabitha Loving: Not everyone can or needs to write novels though. The two short stories of yours that I've read so far are wonderful. Also writing erotic fiction, you have the further option of novellas instead of just short stories or novels.

Bina Syntha: But see? Here you are, all hungover, probably with a headache, and you're giving advice, trying to make me feel better about my own writing and publishing efforts. I really did enjoy Raya and Irene's story on your blog.

What does my comment say about her story? To her? I certainly wasn't surprised at her message after reading her story.

Tabitha Loving: Thanks so much. I think today, once this headache has gone away, I'll finish the second part of the story and get it up on my blog.

She smiled at Tabitha's promise. Bina Syntha: I can't wait to read it. I hope you'll write the web-cam date.

She couldn't help but imagine Tabitha's expression, wondering if she blushed at her fairly straightforward request for a sex scene that she could imagine herself and Tabitha in.

Tabitha Loving: so honest moment from me, yup my mother's sense of humor, this is my legal name.

So we're shifting away from flirting, but I'm grateful for her honesty. Bina Syntha: LOL Goodness but that had to suck in school; that name is made for school yard teasing.

Tabitha Loving: Yeah. I work a bunch in anti-bullying efforts now that it's become a recognized issue. I wish I was closer to Des Moines so I could be involved with the youth group they must have at the community center.

Bina Syntha: There's so much more that can be done online now though.

Bina wondered what Tabitha's writing space looked like, how she was dressed. Did she have a room dedicated to writing? Or did she write in the middle of everything?

Bina Syntha: Should we make this official somehow? Change our relationship statuses on Facebook? Talk about what we're comfortable with? What we want?

Tabitha Loving: Thank you so much. We've been skirting any more relationship talk huh? It's funny how important those relationship statuses are. Of course, changing it. We have a "dating" choice or something, right? Do you have a separate account in your legal name? Were you thinking that we should link our accounts?

Tabitha Loving: Yes, monogamous- we're not counting our characters, right? :D

Do only erotic romance authors have messed up conversations about whether or not our characters count as cheating in a monogamous relationship? Bina Syntha: No, I don't think our characters count as cheating. You'd link your account to mine? Be shown as dating me?


10 comments:

  1. Although this was very much in likeness while in Tab's POV. I enjoyed the extra tidbits we get from Bina that were not in Tabs section. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Melody. I didn't just want to change the actions to Bina's POV; I wanted to do more. Part of that was self-consciously adding in comments that an author might have. While I've never dated another author, I've had good friends who are authors and I know we put things like motivation and such into our conversations.

      Delete
  2. Its nice to show both characters POV especially when they are doing this conversation via the internet & not face to face! [i like things like if one is checking emails or writing while messaging, little added details!] Not just there thoughts, but you really bring your characters to life that way! - As for where you have left the scene, i can not wait to hear what they decide!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for teh comment, Clare. Although in this case, the rewritten scene in Bina's POV is meant to replace the scene I shared last week- something I did for balance in the overall story. It'll be good to get back to their romance- I need to add a chapter now in Tabitha's POV- but first I have two serious blog posts to write about sexuality and religion.

      Delete
  3. I love that they're both authors and wonder what it would be like to live with one. Mike sometimes gets upset with the amount of time I spend writing, so I can't imagine my partner understanding the drive and, dare I say, obsession? Nice to hear the other POV, Joelle! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Shelly. I agree, what would it be like to live with another author, someone who understands. I can't begin to thank you enough for your comment because it leads me to thoughts for the "to be written Tabitha POV" chapter :D I do think that understanding is something I've been building into the relationship, whether intentionally or not :D

      Delete
  4. Great to read this scene in Bina's POV Joelle. Enjoyed picking the little differences from Tab's POV :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Roz :) I do enjoy the differences too and I hope I've gotten a better scene in this case by doing the scene in Bina's POV

      Delete
  5. fascinating read - I feel like I'm staring over her shoulder and reading her screen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and thanks for the interesting comment, Daryl. I 'd never thought of it that way.

      Delete