Warning

WARNING

This blog will contain...
...profanity, sexually explicit dialog andadult imagery.
If you are under 18 and/or offended by this...
THIS IS NOT THE BLOG YOU ARE LOOKING FOR

Thanks fiona, from "Sir Q and Me" for the warning message that just makes me melt. :)

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

#Taboo2sday Bina's size #BDSM #spanking #FF #GLBTLit #fatshaming

Taboo is often in the mind of the beholder. Sometimes taboo makes the thing hotter, sometimes it makes hotness hard to find.


There was something up with the linky list so Emily Tilton and I just traded URLs; here's the link to her #Taboo2sday post: http://etiltonexplorations.blogspot.com/2015/02/what-joe-really-wants-in-a-bride.html .

When it was time to share something for Taboo Tuesday, I pondered what. I've shared so much from the first three books of my Vala's Story series that I didn't want to share from it. Then I thought of "Tabitha and Bina in Love," my nano novel 2014. Thanks to the Lesbian book readers club on Facebook, I've engaged in tons of thought that I hope serves to make this a wonderful female/female erotic romance. One taboo I've come to with these characters is that Bina is a plus sized woman while Tabitha is chunky, curvy- both women are roughly comfortable working on fat-shaming. (I hope you don't mind a few sentences more than 10 :D) And here's Bina at a coffeehouse ordering a cherry Italian soda...

Behind her, she overheard a just barely whispered, "No diet's gonna help her."

Bina whipped around to look at the two yuppie women in their perfect outfits. "How dare you stand in judgment of my body without knowing my story! It so happens that after fleeing an arranged marriage and loosing my entire family, I'm trying to make it on a temp salary. That means eating a lot of cheap food that's fattening."

"Sorry," the women murmured together.

Bina returned her attention to the barista.

"Congrats for standing up for yourself," the barista murmured. "People really shouldn't judge."

"Thanks."

"That'll be on the house."

6 comments:

  1. Great snippet Joelle. Good on Bina for taking them on and standing up for herself. Good on the bsrista too. Love that the drink was on the house :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Roz :) Once I decided that Bina was plus sized, I decided I wanted to do something like this scene, give her a chance to be proud of herself like this. The drink on the house was a fun thing to do.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful excerpt. It really pushes the taboo envelope in an unexpected direction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Emily :) I am certainly enjoying exploring the taboo of body size and attraction, sexuality in this book. I thought it'd be fun to share this look at it with Bina since it's a moment of her being strong.

      Delete
  3. i get very paranoid about people staring at me due to my weight & was bullied at school i was never brave enough to stand up for myself. All i can say is Go! Bina! You deserve that free drink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Clare. It made sense to give Bina this moment of power :)

      Delete