Warning

WARNING

This blog will contain...
...profanity, sexually explicit dialog andadult imagery.
If you are under 18 and/or offended by this...
THIS IS NOT THE BLOG YOU ARE LOOKING FOR

Thanks fiona, from "Sir Q and Me" for the warning message that just makes me melt. :)

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

#WIPiTuP Tabitha meets Bina #FF #romance #eroticauthor

Sharing WIPs (works in progress) can be so very fun! On this lovely blog hop, enjoy a bunch of authors sharing excerpts of what they're working on- get ready to add some great books to your TBR, once the author publishes :) Although occasionally you may find an author sharing a published work. Give 'em a break- these may just be roughly edited- but please do leave a comment! We authors like to know we're going in a good direction.



I wasn't sure what I wanted to share this week; I looked over what I've shared so far from "Tabitha and Bina in Love"- I'm really wanting to put it to bed awhile so I can finish up "Mommy" and get it submitted to a publisher. I decided that this being a blog hop of erotic/romance authors that I wanted to share the very beginning of the story where I show Tabitha meeting Bina as many of us have meet each other... from that person new to the hop whose snippet we read, comment on, and then sometimes even go buy the book. I've put Bina's snippet in a blue to set it apart from the rest of the book; yes, I'm so glad that I plan to give this one to a publisher as well, who'll hopefully be able to help with formatting of a different nature.

---

Tabitha clicked on Bina Syntha's link in the hop's list. Her lips pulled into a surprised smile as the page started to load. The textured background of black and dark blue sent her gaze momentarily to the leather pride flag on her computer tower. She clicked on the mature content warning and sat back to watch the page fully come to her.

I'm so glad to be doing this hop for the first time! My short story "Apprehension" appears in the anthology Be Your Experimenting Self, a collection of experimental erotica. While it is in 2nd person, present tense, I did picture two cisgender women as I wrote this. I'm sharing the first twelve sentences of my story.


You close your eyes and give your trust over to me. No safewords, no "safe, sane, and consensual." You strip your clothes and toss them out the window, as I order. Your nipples are tight, hard, and large.

I brush one thumb over your nipple.

You moan and shudder. Your anxious waiting is painted over your shivering body, not just your face with the lips parted, your eyes wide open.

I just study you. I want to see you much more tense, much more apprehensive.

You sway on your feet; I've had you standing there for long enough that you've lost track of time. You lift your gaze to my face, your eyes blinking as if you're waiting for me to yell at you for being presumptuous. How prettily you wear your "good submissive" assumptions.


blurb:
Be Your Experimenting Self, a collection of sixteen erotica short stories. Do you carve the different in writing? Do you want to see authors break "rules"? Well the authors do that here. Skye Warren writes tentacle erotica. Bina Syntha shares an intense BDSM not of the soft, safe erotic romance variety.



"Wow, that's hot," Tabitha cried out. She clicked a few links and she had bought the book. She returned to Bina's blog and scrolled until she got to the comment box. Welcome to the hop, Bina. What a great first contribution! I picked up a copy and I really can't wait to get to your story. I think I know what I'll be going to bed with tonight. She clicked the submit button and watched the screen.



18 comments:

  1. Jesus Joelle - what a wakeup call. Those short story first 12 sentences were really hot. And its only 10.30. phew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Tara :) hehe wake up call... you know it's hard to predict with me :D Well Bina wanted to share 12 great sentences :D and it worked- Tabitha bought the book

      Delete
  2. Awesome snippet Joelle, wow, hot stuff! Really love the last paragraph of Bina's snippet.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Roz :) Glad you enjoyed it too... it still amuses me to think of Tabitha's line not long after this about page 2 being too soon for sex in a romance novel :D as I have her masturbating to Bina's story :D

      Delete
  3. Bravo-Joelle!
    What a concept. That saying.. 'write what you know'.
    I love that you've incorporated a blog-hop into the story with Bin and Tab, giving the reader some insight to blog-hops. As authors, blogs, memes, and hops are second nature to us, but for the novice reader 'blog-hop' might be a new concept and turn more people to seeking out author blogs.

    I really like how Bina addresses her audience in her writing too.
    Thanks for being so supportive of this hop, Joelle. I am glad you chose to share this week. I really liked this excerpt☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for all the comments, Melody :) It just made so much sense to me to share this portion on this hop, to let everyone see this piece. I definitely had fun in the portion of work with Bina and the blog hop. With Tabitha, I wanted "blog hop as one of us having done them awhile would know," but Bina gave me the "new to blog hop" experience :). Another of those "it makes sense to me," so many of us do become friends, interacting through a variety of social media, so why couldn't any of us become romantically involved that way too?

      Delete
    2. I agree, Joelle, so many of us have become friends as well as colleagues. I am happy to call you both.
      Also, considering the nature of the genres we write in... I can see where some may become a bit romantically involved.

      Delete
    3. aww thanks :) I'm glad to as well.
      You know, I thought about that, the romantic side... because we write our stories in this genre knowing that some of our readers are going to masturbate to it, but it doesn't always wind up with us flirting with each other :D So I wanted Tabitha and Bina to :D

      Delete
  4. I love that you put a blog hop in the story. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Megan :) Aren't blog hops fun :D?

      Delete
  5. Love the romance on the hop! Great idea, Joelle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a unique a awsome post for today

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this line: "How prettily you wear your "good submissive" assumptions." Great scene. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Jennifer. I definitely enjoy that line, quite yummy if you ask me :D

      Delete