Warning

WARNING

This blog will contain...
...profanity, sexually explicit dialog andadult imagery.
If you are under 18 and/or offended by this...
THIS IS NOT THE BLOG YOU ARE LOOKING FOR

Thanks fiona, from "Sir Q and Me" for the warning message that just makes me melt. :)

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

#WIPiTuP Tabitha and Bina brainstorm poly

Sharing WIPs (works in progress) can be so very fun! On this lovely blog hop, enjoy a bunch of authors sharing excerpts of what they're working on- get ready to add some great books to your TBR, once the author publishes :) Although occasionally you may find an author sharing a published work. Give 'em a break- these may just be roughly edited- but please do leave a comment! We authors like to know we're going in a good direction.



There has been lots of jokes about story-ception in my household this Nano, with my nano novel about romance writers and containing their WIPs and published stories as well. If you read my blog both on Tuesday and Wednesday, you've gotten a few bits from one of Bina's story as well as Bina & Tabitha's first date. This is an upcoming scene that I've only gotten this far- the afternoon after their date, they agree to meet and brainstorm for a polyamory call. Their names shown in bold are showing their text comments.

---


Okay, we're working now. I can really shift gears. Bina Syntha: "That's good. Any thoughts on how we we want to arrange this? Like who starts?"

Tabitha Loving: "Shona [it might need explained why Tabitha's is using this Hindi endearment meaning gold], why don't you start? Better question: beyond who starts, do we want to approach this round robin style or write whole sections?"

Oh, she called me Shona! She's been reading. I am totally falling in love! Bina Syntha: "Wanna try brainstorming and then we'll round robin in chat? I could collect it into a document as we go."

Tabitha Loving: "I like that idea! So do we want to write a triad? A quad? A quint?"

Bina created another word processor document, saved it as "poly-Bina and Tabitha," and glanced at her nearly empty box of candies. "Time to buy more," she muttered. She placed her fingers on the home row and pondered her answer.

Bina Syntha: "I like the triad idea, especially since you have experience with it with your Ara's."

Tabitha Loving: "A triad works. I'd like to propose two cis women and a trans and/or genderqueer person."

Bina Syntha: "That sounds good. I think we need to consider names and where they live besides."

Tabitha Loving: "How about Tisha and Victory for our girls? Then wait on the non-binary character until they let one of us know? For location, I suggest the Midwest so it's still familiar to us, but placed in a large city, like maybe Ferndale, Michigan? Des Moines? Milwaukee?

Bina Syntha: "Actually I'd suggest Ann Arbor, Michigan because it seems they have a super active polyamory support group there. I like the idea of our triad living somewhere they'd be comfortable."

Tabitha Loving: "Good point and I agree. I think there's going to be a bunch of they live in a totally backward place stories. We will have something different and something that forces creativity as I'm not sure either of us have either lived somewhere we truly felt comfortable."

Bina swallowed hard at the truth of Tabitha's statement.


6 comments:

  1. I love Tabitha's last comment!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Roz :) Yeah, that was a good one. Interestingly, I actually sat stumped with how to have Bina respond beside the swallowing hard comment that I ended with for quite awhile yesterday.

      Delete
  2. I really like the collaboration between these two. I can't wait to see parts of their story as they begin to write it. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Melody. I've actually been pondering that- sharing their story. You see, as I'm writing their collaboration, I actually have the other file for their WIP and I'm collecting the story into it. ATM they have 658 words of story. But within the nano-novel, I have things like "BINA SYNTHA: They kissed. [New paragraph]. Victory took Ash's hand." Yeah, it's a good word pad, but looking at them collaborating online, it made sense to me.

      Delete
  3. Excellent last line! The hard swallow says so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Shelly. It's nice when a single action is so productive, story-wise :D

      Delete