Warning

WARNING

This blog will contain...
...profanity, sexually explicit dialog andadult imagery.
If you are under 18 and/or offended by this...
THIS IS NOT THE BLOG YOU ARE LOOKING FOR

Thanks fiona, from "Sir Q and Me" for the warning message that just makes me melt. :)

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Update on "Skipping Down the Primrose Path: Book Three"

sorry that my stupid cold means another day of not quite posting, but today I'm sharing about "Skipping Down the Primrose Path: Book Three" of my Vala's Story serial. I had this idea that I wanted to add birthdays because while I use the BDSM term "stable," The Queen rather acts and thinks of his slaves as his family. So birthdays. There were mechanics to figure out- I have a whole file of notes. Now in "Skipping.." I planned to add just one scene- The Queen, Tommy, Iona, Greta, and Vala going to see a play and eat at a Greek restaurant in NYC for Greta's birthday. You notice that "add just one scene" right? That has become quite the joke for my BR and I. Now It was maybe a week or so I spent in hard core rewrite of "Skipping" leading up to Sunday, which is a packed day with Raanan making a special breakfast, a lesson, a church trip- all this before an Off-Broadway play and dinner for Greta's special day. I had a great writing spell last night, but once I made it to the birthday scene, things started to get difficult- I'm resisting the urge to blame it all on my chest cold :D But so I'm hoping to finish this rewrite before November, get a new copy to my BR- both she and I are taking part in National Novel Writing Month so there won't be any work on it until December. Life is still sucking for me, but I'm still hoping for a winter release of "Skipping"- it might just not be until January or February :(.

Thankfully for now, you can click on "My Books" to get the buy/download links for "Joelle's Chaotic Collection of Screwing" (free ebook available on Smashwords that contains some Vala-related shorts as well as some Vala-related treats), "Out of the Night: Book One," and "Gates of the Garden: Book Two." Here's a piece of the planned cover art for you to enjoy :)


2 comments:

  1. Sorry you are are sick Joelle. Hope you are feeling better soon.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Roz :) at the tail end and thanks to enjoying the recorded "virtual write-ins" from last year's nano, I pushed ahead in "Skipping" to the point that the birthday scene is nearly done :)

      Delete