Warning

WARNING

This blog will contain...
...profanity, sexually explicit dialog andadult imagery.
If you are under 18 and/or offended by this...
THIS IS NOT THE BLOG YOU ARE LOOKING FOR

Thanks fiona, from "Sir Q and Me" for the warning message that just makes me melt. :)

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

#Taboo2sday Vala's thoughts on Erik and her training as a slave

Take a risk and try something a little taboo with me? D I promise you'll find delights and scares depending on how adventurous you are


I promoted this hop in a new Dark Erotica group on Facebook yesterday. I hadn't yet picked something and mentioned I still needed to sign up. I was in home stretch of a rewrite of "Skipping Down the Primrose Path: Book Three" of my Vala's Story serial and in sharing about the types of things we share, I mentioned the possibility of sharing something about Erik, The Queen and Iona's toddler son. In promoting "Gates of the Garden; Book Two," Thianna D. recently hosted me on her blog. With "Skipping..." containing Vala's first journal entry for her training, I decided to share her thoughts on Erik here. I find the idea of children being taboo in erotica ridiculous; as long as the characters aren't having sexual activity with or in front of children, I find it a fantasy I'm not interested in to behave as if characters in erotica don't have full lives that sometimes include children. So here's some of Vala's thoughts...

I was really shocked to find out The Queen had a son. I'd have thought I'd have met Erik already. Though I guess it makes sense The Queen waited to introduce Erik to me. He's an adorable little boy. I can't even imagine what it's like for Iona, being a mother in such an unconventional lifestyle. Thank goodness for Brenna, for open and accepting she is and I think it's more than just being a well payed employee. Erik's going to be one unique individual when he grows up. And to think I get to have some part, even if just a little, in his life and childhood; I can't begin to understand how my Queen and my Lady trust me in being around their child! I'm sure they're glad they have a few years to figure out how they're going to explain these things to Erik.



8 comments:

  1. Hi Joelle, it's funny because Vala's thoughts here mostly mirrored my own when I first learned the Queen and Iona had a son lol.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Roz, I look at it as how my younger self would have considered children and poly. I mean, at my teen's stage in his life, he's only half-heard of a few of the women Shaman and I have tried polyamory with, because it never got serious. Of course as a teen now, he sees women at stores he thinks and points them out lmao. thanks for the comment :)

      Delete
  2. I saw that you promoted this hop there. Great idea. We could also mention it in a couple other "darker" groups, maybe. If there are any. I've looked and looked. Not that many. Mostly just "BDSM" or "erotica." Supposedly "dark" erotica is SO popular, so big right now. I don't see it, though. I still see 50SOG-related stuff all over, romance-y, etc. YMMV. I didn't realize it was taboo to even mention "children" in passing in any book, of any kind. Maybe I'm just generally clueless, though. Entirely possible. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nah, you're just not an asshat, Sheri. but yeah, Erik's another reason I'm self-publishing Vala's Story, 'cause his simple presence in the story, regardless of the fact that he's never present for sex or overt BDSM activity, the slaves call The Queen "Sir" instead and use first names for each other in front of him, some pubs wouldn't touch the story- because of his character.
      yeah idk.. dark erotica... some authors are doing it. it seems they tend to either not participate in groups or throw out their stuff in "BDSM" groups with "dark" warnings

      Delete
  3. Joelle, that's so neat. I hardly know how to respond, except to say that you're braver with your taboos than the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Emily :) It's one of those things I hold onto when I see books selling more than mine. But aren't people complete people, even when in erotic fiction?

      Delete
  4. Yay! Loved it, Joelle. Children exist - to think they shouldn't be mentioned in an erotic book and to expect they'll stay saintly unaware of anything going on is like wearing blinders.

    love it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Raya. I think there's so much space between children being aware and the situation being actively wrong, actively abusive. That said, this is fiction and they are rich, so they have a nanny- gods, I'd love to afford a nanny :D Well consider the fiction expected of erotic fiction that we don't lose our virginity until after 18? ugh

      Delete