Warning

WARNING

This blog will contain...
...profanity, sexually explicit dialog andadult imagery.
If you are under 18 and/or offended by this...
THIS IS NOT THE BLOG YOU ARE LOOKING FOR

Thanks fiona, from "Sir Q and Me" for the warning message that just makes me melt. :)

Sunday, October 5, 2014

#8Sunday Vala breaks the 4th wall in "Out of the Night: Book One" #wewriwa




This is my first time trying out this hop, despite seeing the hashtag in friends' posts. Considering that, I wanted to share something that makes my serial a bit different from many other contemporary books- some of the characters talk directly to "the reader." So here I'm sharing an 8 sentence snippet of Vala talking to "you" from "Out of the Night: Book One."

I'm sick. Well, let me clarify. I was sick even by my standards, but now I'm only sick by other people's standards. I guess you're not supposed to get off by being whipped. Or maybe it's something about the titles. Oh well. I'm done with "normal." I'd like to think that normal is whatever you make it.

"Out of the Night: Book One" (Vala's Story)





Restless and world-weary, Mearr isn't about to admit she needs anyone's help, even this gorgeous man who has taken her into his home. Well one of his homes and part of this huge family she's heard about but not met all of. She's young, looks young, and knows it but at least she's legal now so she can pick a new name to go with her new life...

The Queen knows he wants Mearr bad, ever since the first time he saw her in the window of the coffeehouse. He has his plan, but even a Dominant's plans don't always survive the unpredictability of the future. He struggles to figure out this temperamental woman he's brought home, how best to help her. Then he takes her to his mansion...

They wait patiently for The Queen to bring Mearr home. Well to the home they've been redecorating for Him and for the hopes that she'll become part of their family and be trained to please Him. Simon and Tommy have seen her, of course, being The Queen's right and left hands; they say she'll be a perfect addition...

Please come along with Joelle on this journey, shared with the readers in serial fashion. A multitude of "Happily-ever-afters" are waiting with the completion of book 9.

Author's Note: This novel is meant for open-minded adults. Activities described include a wide range of BDSM and sexual activities, some of which are male/male, male/female, consensual slavery, oral/anal/vaginal intercourse, bondage. The story also covers some sensitive topics in characters' back stories, such as drug abuse.

Out of the Night: Book One (Vala's Story) print edition
available at Lulu.com's Market Place
or
available on Amazon.com

Out of the Night: Book One (Vala's Story) ebook
The friend succeeded with picture formatting so now you're just waiting on me to get the ebooks on Amazon and Barnes & Noble. I'm still so gratetful for KISS Ebook Formattingby Elijana Kindel- the only thing it didn't help with was a tricky html code issue that I needed specific help on.

Out of the Night: Book One (Vala's Story)- Smashwords- multiple formats- https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/417778 . First 20% available as a free sample.

Out of the Night: Book One (Vala's Story) Kindle edition
http://www.amazon.com/Out-Night-Book-Valas-Story-ebook/dp/B00BDV8AXY/ref=sr_1_1_title_0_main?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=undefined&sr=1-1&keywords=Out+of+the+Night%3A+Book+One

Out of the Night: Book One (Vala's Story) Nook edition
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/out-of-the-night-joelle-casteel/1114516404?ean=2940045758482

Were you intrigued by my 8 sentence snippet? You can continue with Vala's Story in "Gates of the Garden: Book Two"- buy links available on My Books page http://joellecasteel.blogspot.com/p/my-books.html Also you can find the link for my free ebook "Joelle's Chaotic Collection of Screwing"- approximately 27000 words of erotic short stories, excerpts (from various Vala-related projects), and even one erotic poem.



14 comments:

  1. Great snippet Joelle, love her last statement!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Roz. Yes, Vala's last statement is quite fitting- I keep realizing, when I get into my sexual identity quandaries, that most people in Vala's world just don't bother with those labels and just live

      Delete
  2. Great to see another erotic author on the hop! Enjoyed the 8!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Dani :) Hoping to make it to your 8... I'm struggling through my free fiction for tomorrow (and experimental piece that simply is complicated to write)

      Delete
  3. Welcome to WWW! Great snippet- I agree, normal is what you make it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Alexis :) good to see another "face" from seductivesns. But yeah, normal is what you make it. I've taken that up so much in Vala's Story... the normal of life in the mansion may not look like the rest of the world, but it's their happy home

      Delete
  4. Very interesting. Not sure I've read a book where the narrator talks directly to the reader. Cool idea.

    Snippet was fun. I also agree, normal is what you make it. :) Welcome to WWW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Meka. from my research, the narrator talking directly to the reader was common in the 19th century but went out of style since then.

      Delete
  5. Love it. Normal is boring. Can't wait to read more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Jennifer. Trying to decide what to share next week :D

      Delete
  6. Nice snippet, I liked the 1st person POV it really adds immediacy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Elsa. While the majority of the book is written in 3rd person, this 1st person snippets are great fun

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Nicolette. Mearr/Vala spends the first 15 or so years of her life trying to be exactly what her super conservative parents want... funny how BDSM gives her the freedom to be herself :)

      Delete