Warning

WARNING

This blog will contain...
...profanity, sexually explicit dialog andadult imagery.
If you are under 18 and/or offended by this...
THIS IS NOT THE BLOG YOU ARE LOOKING FOR

Thanks fiona, from "Sir Q and Me" for the warning message that just makes me melt. :)

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Vala breaks the 4th wall in "Out of the Night: Book One"

"A biography with the bio's subject as a ghostwriter." That's a piece of how I envision my Vala's Story serial. And so Vala is involved in the story telling, even early on in "Out of the Night: Book One" where she's still going by her birth name Mearr. While the first part when The Queen appears physically in the first time is on the "In The Queen's universe" page, I continued on a bit to where Vala "broke the 4th wall." If you're not familiar with the idea of the fourth wall, it comes from theater, from stories, as a line between the actors and the audience or the story and reality. I like breaking that wall a lot and Vala has been very accommodating in helping me to that goal.



Suddenly a man appeared in front of the coffeehouse, standing outside the window in front of Mearr. He watched her for a moment, licking his lips. He stood well over six feet, closer to seven. His long black hair hung loose to the middle of his back and framed his face, accenting his haunting ice blue eyes. He had the strong, defined facial features of a male model and a large-framed runner's body. He wore a flowing, long white robe underneath a black, leather, floor-length trench coat, his feet adorned by black combat boots. He sauntered into Night, walked to Mearr, and picked her up. No one tried to stop him or asked what he was doing. He strode out of Night with Mearr in his arms and turned left. He hurried down the street, ignoring strange looks from passers-by.

"You need to stay awake, Mearr. You got a nasty bump on your head. I do not wish to be rushing you to the ER tonight." The Queen's powerful voice cut through the drug haze swirling in her sore head.

"Okay," she murmured. "Just please make me warm. I'm so cold." She snuggled closer to The Queen and breathed deeply. She sighed when she caught the clean, male scent of him.

-----

It might seem strange that I wasn't worried when The Queen took me from Night without asking if I wanted to go, or that no one tried to stop him, but that's the way he's treated. Everyone who is anyone, whether in the local fetish scene or not, knows who he is; they know the treatment he expects and deserves.

The Queen always gets what he wants and he wanted me. Wanted me to be his. Wanted to bring the changes he envisioned in me to fruition. I'm glad he could envision those things in me; I was too sick to guess at them.

I'm not sure if I'd actually OD'd that time, or if the Valium had just been enough to help my system process the little too much drugs I took. Daniel'd treated me for OD's before though, sometimes with Valium, sometimes with Narcan, depending on what I'd taken. As I loved to joke, my drug of choice was "more." I think I've gotten the better bargain by substituting BDSM and polyamory for drugs.

-----

Mearr asked, "Where are we going?" as The Queen turned a corner and headed towards what looked like a small apartment building.

"To my loft," The Queen replied as he continued down the street. In a few minutes, The Queen arrived at his loft to find the doorman at his post.

"I see you were successful, sir." The doorman bowed and then held the door open until The Queen was inside.

The Queen smiled down at Mearr, kissing her cheek, and laughed. "Yes. I always get what I want."


Out of the Night: Book One (Vala's Story) print edition
available at Lulu.com's Market Place
or
available on Amazon.com

Out of the Night: Book One (Vala's Story)- Smashwords- multiple formats- https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/417778 . First 20% available as a free sample.

Out of the Night: Book One (Vala's Story) Kindle edition
http://www.amazon.com/Out-Night-Book-Valas-Story-ebook/dp/B00BDV8AXY/ref=sr_1_1_title_0_main?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=undefined&sr=1-1&keywords=Out+of+the+Night%3A+Book+One

Out of the Night: Book One (Vala's Story) Nook edition
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/out-of-the-night-joelle-casteel/1114516404?ean=2940045758482

Now if you've already read "Out of the Night: Book One," you can continue on to "Gates of the Garden: Book Two."


Gates of the Garden: Book Two (Vala's Story). I'm writing the blog tour posts for this, although JP Adkins at www.jpadkinsdesigns.com has already made me the digital copies- he has made being a self-publisher much better for tech-challenged me.

Vala is very comfortable in her new life, her new name. She's hopelessly in love, with The Queen, with Iona, with life. She's learning about BDSM and knows The Queen has many surprises, lessons planned for her. She's looking forward to ceremony day...

The Queen considers, stresses, ponders. Sometimes he goes to Simon for help, especially since Tommy messed up so bad. He's considering things in the long term as he watches Vala blossom into what he wants her to be...

Things are settling down and they aren't for the rest of the stable. Tommy did so mess things up, but at least there's Vala's training to entertain, to occupy the stable as The Queen uses them in the ways he needs. Abrecan, Orlee, and Gaelan struggle to come to terms with what one decision did to their lives in the stable...

Please come along with Joelle on this journey, shared with the readers in serial fashion. A multitude of "Happily-ever-afters" are waiting with the completion of book 9.

Author's Note: This novel is meant for open-minded adults. Activities described include a wide range of BDSM and sexual activities, some of which are male/male, male/female, group sex, consensual slavery, oral/anal/vaginal intercourse, bondage. The story also covers some sensitive topics in characters' backstories, such as drug abuse, childhood abuse, religious abuse.

Gates of the Garden: Book Two (Vala's Story) print edition
Still to come

Gates of the Garden: Book Two (Vala's Story)- Smashwords- multiple formats- https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/417778 . First 20% available as a free sample.

Gates of the Garden: Book Two (Vala's Story) Kindle edition
http://www.amazon.com/Gates-Garden-Book-Valas-Story-ebook/dp/B00MYP1AG2/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1408802117&sr=1-1&keywords=Gates+of+the+Garden%3A+Book+Two

Gates of the Garden: Book Two (Vala's Story) Nook edition
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/gates-of-the-garden-joelle-casteel/1120186938?ean=2940150565302

And I hope to continue Vala's Story in "Skipping Down the Primrose Path: Book Three" before the end of the year.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joelle, I hadn't heard of the 4th wall and love how it is used her by Vala to provide more background, context and reflection.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 4th wall is one of those things I push, Roz, that puts me outside the mainstream. Breaking the 4th wall in fiction tends to be done less in modern fiction, especially when the majority of the story is in 3rd person- most of Vala's interruptions are in 1st person. It's fun though- I've used it in various ways throughout the whole serial, even before we get to book 3 and have Vala's training diary entries to read :D

      Delete