Warning

WARNING

This blog will contain...
...profanity, sexually explicit dialog andadult imagery.
If you are under 18 and/or offended by this...
THIS IS NOT THE BLOG YOU ARE LOOKING FOR

Thanks fiona, from "Sir Q and Me" for the warning message that just makes me melt. :)

Saturday, September 20, 2014

my review of "Make Me Yours Evermore (Pierced Hearts 3)" by Cari Silverwood

So I was amused with myself as I debated if this book fits in the "Seductive Studs and Sirens" hop; in the end, I decided no because there are only some non-male/female moments later in the book, although one of the characters does identify as a BDSM switch and I think, within that, a bisexual. Some spoilers follow this and of course in the review, but in my recent reading about bisexuality and feminism, I really appreciated that Kat refuses to let the guys see her interacting with Zoe. Of course, this being a third book in a series, I appreciated getting to see bits about previous characters again. I do enjoy the dub/con, non/con aspect of this series; sometimes I find BDSM erotic romance puts such a focus on safewords that I'm irritated- IMHO safewords aren't the only way to ensure consent. I'm also looking forward to the 4th book in the series, set to release on the 23rd, Cari's books page on her website, http://www.carisilverwood.net/books.html , says that "Seize Me From the Darkness" is a standalone. I'm really looking forward to reading it.

MY REVIEW of "Make Me Yours Evermore (Pierced Hearts 3) by Cari Silverwood:

I don't know if I could write this review without spoilers :D but yes, my dominant (I'm a lifestyle submissive) asked me what got into me that I initiated sex this morning and I told Him about this book; He grinned and thanked her. So having read the first 2 books, I was ready for chapters told from the different main characters' points of view and Cari did not disappoint in this book. I thoroughly enjoyed Kat, Chris, and Andreas; the things their personalities brought to their chapters fascinated me. The chapters in Chris and Andreas' POVs were great; Chris figuring out what he wanted as a dominant and how the kidnapping situation was different from that and Andreas figuring out what he could morally and mentally deal with. Kat's struggles were particularly sensitive to me, as pieces of her past where in her mind, as she even shared them with Andreas (it took longer with Chris); I felt such empathy for her. As Chris' illegal connections continued to cause more problems, I loved the tension and then the introduction of the trafficked woman Zoe. Kat's immediate reaction to Zoe added some great moments and some female/female interaction that I found wonderfully erotic among all the male/female; I'd missed the female/female interactions involving Kat from the 2nd book in this series. The climax of the book was amazing- I'll leave you to read it yourself :D. I also loved the epilogues in Zoe and Pieter's POVs. I can't wait for the next book!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18518593-make-me-yours-evermore?ac=1

2 comments:

  1. Hmm tried to comment and it went bye-bye. Nothing very amazing, just saying that I've heard good things about this series! And wish I could find time to read it. I have it, just haven't READ it yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ugh at vanishing comments. I do think you'll enjoy Cari's series though, Sheri. She doesn't shy away from things that are "scary."

      Delete