Warning

WARNING

This blog will contain...
...profanity, sexually explicit dialog andadult imagery.
If you are under 18 and/or offended by this...
THIS IS NOT THE BLOG YOU ARE LOOKING FOR

Thanks fiona, from "Sir Q and Me" for the warning message that just makes me melt. :)

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

#WIPiTuP ... Vala has a lesson on serving

Sharing WIPs (works in progress) can be so very fun! On this lovely blog hop, enjoy a bunch of authors sharing excerpts of what they're working on- get ready to add some great books to your TBR, once the author publishes :) Although occasionally you may find an author sharing a published work. Give 'em a break- these may just be roughly edited- but please do leave a comment! We authors know we're going in a good direction.




With all the details to getting Vala's first book, "Out of the Night: Book One" in a few more places plus getting her second book "Gates of the Garden: Book Two" up last week, I was a bit scattered trying to figure out what I'd share on this hop. This snippet and the blog tour post (watch for details and requests for blogs to visit on soon once I get more of the posts written) kind of inspired each other. On my list of topics I want to handle for "Gates"s blog tour is "Vala's Lessons"- because Vala is in training. Of course, by the time we get to "Knowledge," her training is obvious and a regular portion of her life. I hope you all enjoy this bit of Vala learning a practical learning about serving a dominant.

Bigger Tasks
Vala as sub
Mandisa sat on the sectional between Jinny and Chitra. "Vala, get me a drink."

"Yes, my Lady." Vala looked at The Queen before asking, 

"Would you also like something to drink, my Queen?"

"No thank you, but it pleases me you thought to ask me." The Queen smiled.

Vala sprinted out of the living room and down the stairs. She hurried into the kitchen and stopped in front of the refrigerator.

Vala laid her finger across her lips. What would she want to drink? She grabbed a drinking glass from the proper cupboard. She carried to the counter next to one of the refrigerators. She opened the freezer to take out an ice tray.

"How many cubes? I don't think she would want anything done to them." She tossed four ice cubes into the glass. She replaced the ice tray and opened the refrigerator. Her eyes wandered over the contents. She tried to think of what she'd ever seen Mandisa drinking at meals before she dropped down behind Iona's chair, but nothing came to her.

"The choices are endless! How am I ever supposed to guess what she would want?" She looked at the shelf of juices. She grabbed a bottle of mango juice and opened it. She filled the glass and put away the bottle. Closing the refrigerator door behind her, she left the kitchen.

"Hurry, hurry, wherever you're going," Simon teased as he passed her on the stairs to the second floor.

"Of course, my Lord," Vala chirped as she hopped up onto the landing and entered the family room. She looked to see Mandisa still sitting on the sectional. She hurried across the room and knelt in front of Mandisa. She held out the glass and with eyes lowered, she murmured, "Your drink, my Lady."

Now that you've enjoyed that bit from "The Beginning of Knowledge: Book Four," head over to "My Books" page to pick up "Joelle's Chaotic Collection of Screwing" (free short story collection that includes excerpts from the Vala's Story serial, in addition to other shorts), "Out of the Night: Book One," and "Gates of the Garden: Book Two" (the final two both in the Vala's Story serial, $2.99 a piece). Both Vala's Story books are available from multiple e-retailers and in multiple formats.  http://joellecasteel.blogspot.com/p/my-books.html


16 comments:

  1. Mango juice would be a good choice for me. Nice excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great snippet, Joelle!! I loved how much she wanted to please and get the drink right ... down to the amount of ice cubes in the glass. And the teasing from Simon made me giggle! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Shelly. It is lovely when Vala gets it into her mind to be pleasing. Simon's great- he tends to seem everywhere at once some days, with how he has his hands on so many things ... and people :D

      Delete
  3. Nice excerpt Joelle! Like Shelly wrote, it's nice to see how much Vala wants to please Mandisa. It's so sweet! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Meredith :) Pleasing is a good thing- real life thing, my Master was just joking about how I almost seem offended when He gets His own drink or food :D "Like what are you doing, getting your own things?" lol

      Delete
  4. Joelle, this leaves me intrigued and wondering what the Queen is going to do with those ice cubes ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well ice cubes covered in mango juice- depending on how long is takes Mandisa to drink- might be interesting. Thanks for the comment, Abigail

      Delete
  5. Nice ponderings in front of the fridge. I have enough trouble deciding for myself, never mind anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Jaye. Same here on picking a trick- thankfully my Master tends to be much easier on what He wants. I wouldn't want to be Vala in this situation though; it'd be so nerve-racking

      Delete
  6. I just finished Gates Of The Garden and was hoping for an excerpt from book 3 *pouts*
    However I see that Vala has learned to serve Mandisa without being frightened of her. So I'm thinking there are some interactions between her and Vala in book three that help her feel more comfortable around her.

    I like the reference to 'how many' ice cubes she puts in the glass too. To many and your drink gets watered down. To little and it doesn't get cold fast enough. In Gates, Tommy got a nice compliment from The Queen for getting just the right amount of ice cubes.
    Great excerpt, Joelle ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that's a point for you for noticing the ice cube thing, Melody :D I'll take a look at what I've already shared of book 3 on site and then next week I might see about a snippet from it. I hope you enjoyed Gates :) thanks for the comment

      Delete
  7. I liked this snippet, it was just practical, every day but as a submissive, I can totally understand the dilemma - or not so much dilemma but the concern and really wanting to get it right. And you've done it with just ice cubes and a simple drink. Very nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Natasha. It can be so easy to get lost in "scenes," and "what happened at the club," but for lifestyle submissives, the every day is also there within the realm of BDSM. Like for me, it's looking into the freezer mug to judge if I'm pouring enough rum in, which I judge by how much rum in comparison to two ice cubes

      Delete
  8. Well, I hope she managed to get her choice of drink correct. Decisions, decisions indeed. And what would be the price for failure, I wonder? The life of a submissive is a hard one ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Christina. Yes, she did manage to get the drink right :D but that's the most I'm saying for now lol It is intriguing to picture what Mandisa would do if Vala had totally guessed wrong though

      Delete