Warning

WARNING

This blog will contain...
...profanity, sexually explicit dialog andadult imagery.
If you are under 18 and/or offended by this...
THIS IS NOT THE BLOG YOU ARE LOOKING FOR

Thanks fiona, from "Sir Q and Me" for the warning message that just makes me melt. :)

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

#WIPWednesday ... What did Vala tell her diary?

Sharing WIPs (works in progress) can be so very fun! On this lovely blog hop, enjoy a bunch of authors sharing excerpts of what they're working on- get ready to add some great books to your TBR, once the author publishes :) Although occasionally you may find an author sharing a published work. Give 'em a break- these may just be roughly edited- but please do leave a comment! We authors know we're going in a good direction.


After the tension of the knife play, the vaginal fisting, hair pulling and all the wondrous hardcore BDSM that The Queen and Vala enjoyed last week, I decided to change directions this week. Of course, I still managed to be naughty :D. One theme of the whole serial is Vala's training to become the slave The Queen wants. As part of that training, he utilizes the tool of having her writing once a week in a diary that he reads and usually discusses with Simon. At this point, we're about 1/3 of the way into "The Beginning of Knowledge: Book Four."


Dear Diary,
Well, I'm at the end of my second week in the stable and I can't imagine feeling any more wonderful than I do. I can't imagine how much more I'll be learning before my training is done, not to say my learning will be over just because my official training period is.

It was very nice to have my Lady Iona leading my lessons a few days this week. I've enjoyed experiencing her style of teaching. She tends to be less hands-on than The Queen, seeming to prefer instructing with verbal guidance. She also tends to be more laid back. Maybe it's just 'cause Iona's a mom. I would think that, more often than not, giving birth turns on motherly instincts in women; I sure hope so or I have NO business ever having kids.
I wonder what it would be like if The Queen and Iona led a lesson together; I suppose I'll find out before my training's done.

Speaking of The Queen and Iona leading a lesson together, it was crazy to hear the tone of voice Iona used with The Queen when he interrupted my lesson on Tuesday! I still can't believe Iona got away with it without punishment, though The Queen did seem quite sincerely apologetic. It was funny how Iona put it about me winning the game. I wonder if that situation was what they talked about on Wednesday when he called Iona to his study.

24 comments:

  1. Enjoyed this Joelle, great insight into Vala's thoughts. Oh my, a joint training session with the Queen and Iona. That would be interesting!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Roz :) These diary sections were such a joy to write, a different change of pace often. yeah, I'm trying to remember if I ever managed a jointly taught session with The Queen and Iona leading :D

      Delete
  2. Having the diary is an inspired way of getting into Vala's head, Joelle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Tara :) I was excited to think of it :D

      Delete
  3. I feel as if I am intruding by reading her diary - but then it's also naughty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol well at some point when Vala "breaks the fourth wall"- I forget in which book she does it- she touches on things included and not, like in the first book "Out of the Night: Book One," she got to summarize her recovery from drugs and anorexia, taking about 6 months down to some paragraphs. Because remember, as I've been writing, Vala and her submissive have been my "ghostwriters" :D thanks for the comment, Leigh

      Delete
  4. Every girl needs to have a diary. I think it's awesome that your including this in the books, Joelle.
    However, I just can't help but wonder that because Vala knows the Queen will be reading her every entry if she will hold back some of her deepest or darkest secrets that some girls put in their entries. You know those little rants or sometimes sexy little snippets about desiring someone or something they can't have?
    Wonderful Excerpt today Joelle... *nudges you* .. book two.. book two.☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Melody- actually I'd thought of that, secrets and such. There's one specific one that Vala's holding back- it's in book 4- and you'll have to wait for it to be published. Plus there's times that The Queen's not around, things she just shares with Simon, Tommy, or Iona. and I will I will :D book two it's in the works

      Delete
    2. You're terrible sometimes, Joelle. "oh.. Vala's holding back 1 specific secret."
      What a tease. It's so not fair. I'm sitting here waiting on book2 and NOW I have to wait until book4 ... BOOK4?
      You need a spanking, young lady! ~crosses my arms, tapping my foot with a playful scowl on my face~

      Delete
    3. lmao Melody... thanks for giving me a giggle... I know, I'm very effective at teasing :D but but but :D I'm not that horribly, am I? :D I swear I'm gonna find a snippet of The Queen and Vala discussing a diary entry, just not this one 'cause of the secret... that you gotta wait until book 4 for :D

      Delete
  5. Great way to share Vala's insights, having her diary. Wondering what the Queen's response will be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Jaye :) The Queen's responses "the next week" after diary entries have been some of the most interesting to write :D I'll have to see if there's a specific in story response I could share for this one. Of course that's remembering that this is only the beginning snippet of this diary entry- one "secret" is being kept back from readers here

      Delete
  6. I want to know what is in the Queen and Lady Iona's lesson plans... intriguing. I suspect Vala will have quite the diary by the time her lessons have been learned...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Christina! I was trying to find a link for you and failed- I swear I've written about Vala's training, even shown a little of the schedule, but I'm not finding it atm. But yes, I have a master :D training schedule of 16 weeks that I utilized in the rough drafts of these books, and of course Simon's cleaning spreed sheet

      Delete
  7. I love the diary! That was a great idea, Joelle!! Your characters are always so interesting - and I find myself thinking about them later. Wonderful snippet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Shelly :) I do love my complex, non-stereotypical characters

      Delete
  8. I have the same thoughts as Melody. Since Vala knows the Queen will see everything she writes, I can't help wondering if she's not writing it for him instead of herself. I guess only time will tell. And I'm sure the Queen and Iona will be more than happy to give a joint lesson to Vala.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hm, I had to think a bit... I think part of what's going on in yours and Melanie's comments show a vast difference of perspective. To me as a lifestyle submissive, even living in a low protocol household in comparison to The Queen's medium protocol one, the question of "for him or for her" becomes a moot point. Within what Vala is able to do within the hierarchy and the structure of being in relationship with The Queen, she will show or not. Yes, she knows that the diary is a training tool, that it'll be read. But given that, she knows she will be called to discuss what she's written as pleases The Queen. In the same way, I may vent at my BR when my Master is irritating me- she's seen me call Him an "asshat" and other things plenty of times lol. I do that knowing I've given Him the right to ask to see my online conversations at any time. He never does ask to see conversations; for often than not, I'll share. But in a million things, from my expression, my body language, how often I use His title (or deal with vanilla situations where I need to be respectful in another way) will give Him that "I think You're being an asshat" just as clearly as if He read it.

      Delete
    2. I totally agree, Joelle, except your relationship with your Master is a lot more casual than Vala's is with the Queen. She wants to please him above all, so calling him an "asshat" would never occur to her. It would be treacherous. If the diary is a training tool, what is Vala meant to learn from keeping it? It certainly isn't to record her private thoughts, since I'm not sure she believes she's allowed any. Even her thoughts belong to her Queen, as does her body. So, the purpose has to be to prove to the Queen that her only desire is to serve him the way he wishes to be served. That would mean her every word would be screened through her own mental censor to make sure what she writes will be pleasing to him. Unless I've misunderstood their relationship.

      Delete
    3. casual in how we interact yes, but not in the focus or intentions necessarily. Pleasing my Master is just as important to me as pleasing The Queen is to Vala- the main difference is really that he maintains more active control over her life than my Master chooses to maintain over mine.

      And it's not so much what Vala's meant to learn as a tool to aid The Queen in the process of her training.

      yes still pondering... still feeling like we're using the same language but in a different way :D Whatever the differences between my life and Vala's, neither of us live in a high protocol, super strict BDSM so while "he owns her/my thoughts" it's not the same as an abusive boyfriend telling us what to believe- it's his right to choose to care about something- neither The Queen nor my Master care about every little thing

      Delete
  9. Now I want to hear more about the lessons.... Do go on, Joelle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Maddie :) and a pleasant surprise- I was wondering what I had set up for next week's #WIPiTuP and found it's a bit of lesson set up. And yes, much to Melody's frustration lol, once I get "Gates of the Garden: Book Two" published, you all will get to read the first of Vala's lessons.

      Delete
  10. I like the diary idea. I agree, it is a good way to get into Vala's head. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete