Warning

WARNING

This blog will contain...
...profanity, sexually explicit dialog andadult imagery.
If you are under 18 and/or offended by this...
THIS IS NOT THE BLOG YOU ARE LOOKING FOR

Thanks fiona, from "Sir Q and Me" for the warning message that just makes me melt. :)

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

#SpanksA2Z #Dungeoncrawl ,,, D is for damage (IE marks) and their treatment

Oh how fun! I so appreciate how my D for the Spanking Romance Review Spanking A to Z challenge also works for the Dungeon Crawl! So I talked more about treatment of marks in my Vala's Story serial, although I also touched on Kathryn Blake's spanking romance "Acting Lessons."



So yes, the damage of impact play is something I think of as a BDSM-er. I find the variety of skin damage possible from BDSM activities to be more varied than "just spanking." Although thankfully reading more spanking fiction has educated me on just how varied even spanking- limited to the buttocks and upper thighs- can mark the bottom's body. While I'm still pondering what to say in a review for Kathryn Blake's "Acting Lessons," I was intrigued that the spanker in her book didn't want to leave serious marks and would use peppermint oil (if I'm remembering right) to lessen the chance of bruising, marks etc. In my own writing, I've used several different preparations, even taking the time to match different remedies to a dom's personality. In Vala's Story, just to name 3 people- Simon prefers Arnica, Iona prefers aloe, and Raanan prefers lavender cream. I've also read people using cocoa butter and coconut oil.

6 comments:

  1. Great tie-in (heh heh, SWIDT) Joelle. Never worried about damage myself. Marks are ... part of the hmmm dynamic (at least sometimes, for some people, YMMV <-- my standard disclaimer in all things BDSM!!!). Thank you so much for supporting the Dungeon Crawl! (And everything else you do so quietly behind the scenes everyone.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for all the pieces of your comment, Sheri :) Yeah, for me, I enjoy the marks too- in fact it's one of those things I've been missing with the "nothing happening at all as Shaman's wallows in His depression and injury." I think with my characters, it's more an emotional thing, a piece of a dom enjoying aftercare, than necessarily avoiding marks.

      Delete
  2. I actually use peppermint oil... but not on my hinder. I use on my feet to soften callus' and draw out toxins. Makes my feet feel great. Would love to try if my butts ever on fire. I can imagine it would have a remarkable cooling effect. ヅ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. interesting, Melody- on the feet, thanks for the comment. I could have sworn I've used something like that on my Master's feet

      Delete
  3. I have tried arnica for my bruises, but have not tried peppermint or aloe or lavender. Do they really work?
    I am slightly anemic, and tend to bruise easily.
    LOL, certain time periods, I'll look at something the wrong way, and get a bruise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not tried arnica, peppermint, or lavender. But when I was looking up skin care because I thought my different doms might use different things based on preference, I found the lavender cream. I use aloe regularly for various skin issues, but never specifically bruises- I'm not sure they would help with that. But when Iona uses aloe on Vala, it's more about helping the skin that's all stretched, red, and sore with all the impact play she'd experienced.

      Delete