Warning

WARNING

This blog will contain...
...profanity, sexually explicit dialog andadult imagery.
If you are under 18 and/or offended by this...
THIS IS NOT THE BLOG YOU ARE LOOKING FOR

Thanks fiona, from "Sir Q and Me" for the warning message that just makes me melt. :)

Friday, June 13, 2014

#SpankA2Z #SatSpanks ... N is for Number (of spanks)

8 or so sentences from writers who love to spank or be spanked. Please enjoy my snippet and then move onto the other hoppers- their links are at the bottom of this post.

Lovely for another A to Z Spanking challenge letter to coincide nicely with Saturday Spankings. I've really never got counting the number of impacts, whatever the implement being used. And this is across TTWD. I can understand a submissive thanking hir dominant for each impact, especially if the dominant commands this. But going for a specific number of impacts? Especially when it numbers over a dozen or so just seems boring and impractical to me. I can understand "number of smacks" adding up- especially in a DD relationship where breaking rules have set numbers of smacks attached- but even then, over a dozen, I start to lose my patience and understanding.


I've only had one "count" in all the erotica I've ever written, at least that I can think of. Some weekends ago, I shared a snippet from this scene, where The Queen and Prisca were preparing to paddle Vala and Prisca, as a lesson to Vala in still using titles while receiving pain. I did some creative scene cutting to get this down to 10 sentences (focused on number) and one of them is short :D . This is from the soon-to-be-released (I'm hoping for July) "Gates of the Garden: Book Two" of my Vala's Story serial.
---
Let us give them fifteen whacks then, maybe more if I change my mind."

...

"... You are going to count each whack we give you. Adan, you count for Prisca and look at my face. Vala, you count for me and look at Prisca's face. Understand?"

"Yes, my Queen," Vala and Adan answered together, excitement and fear mingling in different proportions in the girls' voices.

...

Prisca picked up Adan's paddle, nodded at The Queen, and swung.

"That's one, my Lady," Adan moaned, her gaze moving over The Queen's lips.

The Queen swung as Adan was saying "my Lady" and caught Vala off guard.

"That's one, my Queen!" Vala shouted, pressing her crotch against Adan.

12 comments:

  1. Loved the snippet Joelle. I've never had to count the number of strokes. Not sure how I would feel about it.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Roz, I'm not sure how I'd feel about it either. I think I'd be annoyed. I'm pretty sure it would prevent me from slipping into subspace. But thankfully Shmaan's not interested in the counting, so it's not like I'll ever find out :D thanks for the comment

      Delete
  2. Counting and asking for the next one is not for every occasion, Joelle, but it does have it charms sometimes, especially when the count goes up. But different taste for different people, I guess. I liked your short snippet, Joelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Han. yeah, different tastes. I just can't imagine wanting a sub to count.

      Delete
  3. I'd say counting's more a punishment thing than erotic, but to each their own. As ever, a great snippet. I love your style - so unique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Ashe. Yeah, it makes sense for punishment... although that's still a theoretical thing for me, an intellectual exercise at best. I've never had a dom use counting for punishment.

      Delete
  4. Great snippet and I'm with you about the counting. I think it's more humiliation than discipline. I can understand being embarrassed and or humiliated by their own behavior and resulting correction, but being made to count is a turn of for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Stevie. Funny thing, while counting doesn't do it for my personally, often not even in fiction, I had fun with the scene I snippetted from. Just having the girls look at the dom's face who wasn't paddling them, but still having to remember to thank the dom actually paddling them? :D so fun

      Delete
  5. There's something sexy to counting but I agree on more than a dozen and I'd just lose track. Great snippet Joelle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Natasha. I think The Queen ends up capping it at like 15 or so. But yeah, it's just a little taste of counting with the point of teaching a whole bunch of things Vala isn't aware of.

      Delete
  6. Something about "whack" does it for me in a way other words like "smack" and "blow" don't. Not that all the different words aren't wonderful, but "whack" is kind of special. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes, the slight difference of the word sounds. I don't think I thought on it as I was writing, but re-reading it now, somehow whack seems to put it more on The Queen and Prisca's pleasure, rather than the girls waiting for their paddlings. thanks for the comment, Emily

      Delete