Warning

WARNING

This blog will contain...
...profanity, sexually explicit dialog andadult imagery.
If you are under 18 and/or offended by this...
THIS IS NOT THE BLOG YOU ARE LOOKING FOR

Thanks fiona, from "Sir Q and Me" for the warning message that just makes me melt. :)

Saturday, June 7, 2014

#SeductiveSnS ... review of "Taking in Strays" by Kracken

Seductive Studs and Sirens... a blog hop for LGBT romance, erotica, and erotica romance... 150 words of love from a non-heterosexual perspective. Enjoy my post and then check out the other hoppers with the links below.

Here's the book's Goodreads' page- https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17261321-taking-in-strays


I happily won of copy of this book by taking part in the Hop Against Homophobia and Transphobia.

Donny. Such an intriguing character from the beginning- his hard luck made me want to see him succeed. With his early run-in with cops, I felt sympathy for him. I enjoyed the way the author introduced us to Peter and Dan as they tried to help Donny, although I often wanted to punch Dan for what I read as moralizing at Donny. The drama and romance had me reading without stop! I loved the ending and would be ever so happy if the author would do a part two with the lovebirds, Donny and Peter. I didn't even mind that there wasn't much sexual activity until the end of the book, but book 2? :D

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the book!
    Evelise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a great book :) Such endearing characters. thanks for the comment, Evelise

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. yes :) great read. One of those "couldn't put it down" books :) thanks for the comment, Amelia

      Delete
  3. UGH! Dang it...Another book to add to my to TBR list. I swear these hops are dangerous to my pocket book. Thanks for the share Joelle. :) One can never have too many books - despite what my DH says.
    DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol don't they all say that about books? :D I'm still glad I managed to keep my tongue in check the last time I was irritated with my Master and didn't say "You should thank a poly gay bdsm story for me being in the mood the other night"- yeah that was your "Healing Hark"- but I behaved I like this one, "Taking in Strays" for the nice complexity, the fleshed characters she wrote

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the review. *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are welcome :) I had a great time reading the book... any thoughts of a book 2? huh huh? :D I'd love to see Peter and Donny after a year or more :D

      Delete
  5. I could write a book two. There is a lot of potential for those two characters.

    ReplyDelete