Warning

WARNING

This blog will contain...
...profanity, sexually explicit dialog andadult imagery.
If you are under 18 and/or offended by this...
THIS IS NOT THE BLOG YOU ARE LOOKING FOR

Thanks fiona, from "Sir Q and Me" for the warning message that just makes me melt. :)

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

#Taboo2sday ... review of "Glory Holes and Blumpkins" by Anita Rimmer



Rather than sharing my own, it's a review of a taboo book today.

I found this enjoyable book when I did a search on Amazon of "scat" in the erotica section. You see, I assume that eventually the fetishes, the taboos etc that play with in my Vala's story serial is going to mean Amazon will no longer be an option for me; I have author friends who've been told "change your book or we're not carrying it anymore," friends who've gone straight to Smashwords rather than deal with Amazon's ambiguous and unevenly enforced rules. I was surprised to find 47 "scat" books, amused to find some in German. To read my entire review on Amazon, go here.


6 comments:

  1. Amazon is such a strange one when it comes to anything. Their rules 'bend' if a book comes from a large publisher - that much I've noticed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh true, the bending of their rules. snorts. I'd meant to link your pro-Smashwords post to this one because it is one of those I think of in regards to this conversation about what Amazon will and won't publish

      Delete
  2. This is not my thing, but I love this idea for a blog hop. The more taboo fetishes don't get enough cover time, frankly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely, Maren, on not enough time. I admit, I'm all over the place with taboos. My issue tends to be around enemas and golden showers, which I do include. There is one singular scene in the 3rd book of my Vala's Story serial that comes really close to scat, but isn't all that graphic in comparison to the rest of my writing. I think not really being into scat is why I'm not interested in going behind the first free book from this author.

      Delete
  3. Scat auf Deutsh! Ich liebe es!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, love it! Great fun after having just pushed myself through writing my piece for the crawl (and posting it late because I simply couldn't write The Queen and Tommy being rough.) yeah, scat auf Deutsch- I giggled like a loon to see those books on Amazon

      Delete