Warning

WARNING

This blog will contain...
...profanity, sexually explicit dialog andadult imagery.
If you are under 18 and/or offended by this...
THIS IS NOT THE BLOG YOU ARE LOOKING FOR

Thanks fiona, from "Sir Q and Me" for the warning message that just makes me melt. :)

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Hop Against Homophobia & Transphobia is almost here!


May 17 through 24th! Not only will the hop be happening but on the 17th, people across the world will be marking the International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia as well.

Now let me share some links with you. If you're interested in taking part in the hop as an author, publisher, cover designer, or reviewer of LGBTQ fiction, you can still sign up until 5/14 here http://hopagainsthomophobia.blogspot.com/

For further education, I'd like to send you two places- the UUA has "identity pages" for many of the letters in the non-heterosexual community. You can read them here - http://uua.org/lgbtq/identity/index.shtml . I relate most to the "queer" identity page. In addition to identifying as queer, I also identify as kinky, or in other words as someone who engages in and identifies with BDSM. So I'm going to ask that you give Leather & Grace UUs for BDSM Awareness a read. http://leatherandgrace.wordpress.com/ . You see, the way I experience my sexuality is from multiple and sometimes problematic intersections of marginalization. When asked about my sexuality, I will say that I'm queer, polyamorous, and kinky- and then start explaining what I mean by that.

Other than being LGBTQ-focused, the hop is open-ended on what can be posted, so I'm still pondering my way through it. However, I did want to show a picture and tell a little story about the prize I'm giving away. The Unitarian Universalist Service Committee tries to do a lot of good in the world. I bought a rainbow bracelet. http://shop.uusc.org/product-p/th-brb.htm . You can read the full story of the Guatemalan women who are helped by the purchase of the bracelet on the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment