Warning

WARNING

This blog will contain...
...profanity, sexually explicit dialog andadult imagery.
If you are under 18 and/or offended by this...
THIS IS NOT THE BLOG YOU ARE LOOKING FOR

Thanks fiona, from "Sir Q and Me" for the warning message that just makes me melt. :)

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

#DungeonCrawl ... her place is where He pleases

Yay for Romancing the Kink! I'm so glad they host this Dungeon Crawl!

So I'm actually sharing a snippet from a WIP, not something specifically written for the crawl :D. This is from early in "Gates of the Garden: Book Two" of my Vala's Story serial. Just one piece from the chaos that fills Vala's first morning waking as The Queen's slave, here he is taking a moment to teach her even as he comforts here.

"Good morning, Vala." The Queen crawled across the carpet, Iona's gasps and moans following him. He moved into a cross-legged position next to her head. "Did you sleep well?"

Vala's face tight, she gazed in awe at The Queen's adoring expression. "No, my Queen." She bit her lip. "I missed being in bed with you, my Queen."

The Queen held Vala's chin. "My baby girl." His hand moved from her chin to caress her cheek. "You will sleep in bed with me again, but you must learn your proper place, which is wherever I please. Remember I do all this to you because I love you." He leaned over to kiss her trembling lips.

Vala nodded, tiny whimpers bouncing between them. Her arms pulled at the cuffs around her wrists.

"You will please me again soon with the touch of your hands." The Queen kissed each of Vala's fingers in turn. He covered her with his body. "My beautiful baby girl."

"Love you, my Queen," Vala whispered. She shuddered against the board.

"I know, sweet baby. I love you and every precious moment of your submission."

Now if you haven't bought "Out of the Night: Book One" yet, you can pick it up here and get reading before I release "Gates of the Garden: Book Two" in the next month or so. Here are the buy links:

Smashwords
MyAwesomeFans fanstore
(multiple formats available at both sites)

If you'd prefer to wait for it to be available on Amazon, B&N, or AllRomanceEbooks, bookmark my "My Books" page and you can find out when they become available.

And if you'd like to rock a t-shirt that The Queen would approve of :D check out the "Behavior Doesn't Solely Determine Identity" t-shirt available for $20 at the MyAwesomeFans fanstore.



"Out of the Night: Book One" blurb

Restless and world-weary, Mearr isn't about to admit she needs anyone's help, even this gorgeous man who has taken her into his home. Well one of his homes and part of this huge family she's heard about but not met all of. She's young, looks young, and knows it but at least she's legal now so she can pick a new name to go with her new life...

The Queen knows he wants Mearr bad, ever since the first time he saw her in the window of the coffeehouse. He has his plan, but even a Dominant's plans don't always survive the unpredictability of the future. He struggles to figure out this temperamental woman he's brought home, how best to help her. Then he takes her to his mansion...

They wait patiently for The Queen to bring Mearr home. Well to the home they've been redecorating for Him and for the hopes that she'll become part of their family and be trained to please Him. Simon and Tommy have seen her, of course, being The Queen's right and left hands; they say she'll be a perfect addition...

Please come along with Joelle on this journey, shared with the readers in serial fashion. A multitude of "Happily-ever-afters" are waiting with the completion of book 9.
Author's Note: This novel is meant for open-minded adults. Activities described include a wide range of BDSM and sexual activities, some of which are male/male, male/female, consensual slavery, oral/anal/vaginal intercourse, bondage. The story also covers some sensitive topics in characters' backstories, such as drug abuse.



16 comments:

  1. Enjoyed this snippet Joelle, love the tenderness in this piece.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Roz :) This is such a sweet scene. I love when The Queen's still sweet even as he's being stern

      Delete
  2. I agree with Joelle. I love his tenderness especially when you know he can be anything but!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Maren. Yeah, the fact that in this moment, he chooses to behave in that way. I've loved the way you've done that as well with your doms in your "Masters of the Castle" series- that balance of cruel and kind in your dominants

      Delete
  3. Such a touching moment. I love when the Queen is in this kind of mood ... and I melt when he calls her his baby girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Shelly. yeah, it's a good scene. I love thinking about it in the context of that morning in the book- so glad this one will be ready for publish in not too much longer

      Delete
  4. To paraphrase some of the above comments, - a lovely, sensual, tender scene -"every precious moment of her submission"... beautifully consoling...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Joseph. yeah, I love that line too.

      Delete
  5. Very pretty and tender Joelle. I've seen both sides of the Queen and all well done. I did have to read twice when you said there was a t-shirt you were selling? I have to look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Natasha. yeah, I think it's wonderful that The Queen has different sides :D Yup, a shirt. Have you heard of myawesomefans.com ? A friend started it. It's sort of like Hootsuite, but has additional features that make it nice for me. Well we can also have t-shirts related to our writing. When Jeff (the site owner) asked me if there was something I would like to have on a shirt, the "Behavior Doesn't Solely Determine Identity" came to me. Because that's such a theme in Vala's Story. It's easy to think "oh The Queen is straight" or "he's gay" based on who I show him having sex with, BDSM with, in any given snippet. But he's not- his attractions are much broader than just the gender of the person he's interacting with.

      Delete
  6. I do love the tenderness he shows Vala, very touching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always show the tenderness between everyone. I love seeing it. It put a real slant on power exchange relationships, or at least how they should be (soapbox).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol soapboxes happen, Jolynn. Thanks for the comment. I really think it's like Maren said- showing tenderness at times knowing that the dominant can be harsh when he/she/ze pleases. The Queen enjoys some pretty hard core BDSM and sex. And not even just The Queen, as I move through the various groupings in his leather family. I have to laugh- when I was talking to my editor about if she thought she'd be able to handle the next book in the serial, I mentioned enemas, scat play, and anal fisting- and nope, The Queen's not involved directly in the scenes :D

      Delete
  8. The Queen is so sweet and tender with Vala here. I'm starting to see the different sides of him and how deeply he really cares for Vala as well as the others.
    I admire him for the amount of responsibility he is willing to accept in order to make sure his household runs smoothly.
    Looking forward to book2, Joelle. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, LA :) I did go out of my way to make The Queen more complex than the average fictional dom- he certainly isn't the full "alpha" archetype, no matter the places that he does fit it. And yes, the responsibility. I hope you'll enjoy as I get further into the serial- I utilized various friends of his coming to visit to allow behavior he might not show to just his slaves.

      I need to get book1 up in the last 3 places. But book2 is really close to ready. I'm still expecting in a month or two, given that my personal life doesn't go too haywire- such is life as a self-publisher

      Delete