Warning

WARNING

This blog will contain...
...profanity, sexually explicit dialog andadult imagery.
If you are under 18 and/or offended by this...
THIS IS NOT THE BLOG YOU ARE LOOKING FOR

Thanks fiona, from "Sir Q and Me" for the warning message that just makes me melt. :)

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Caitlin Ricci guests to talk about her book "Moon Chilled"

I was so glad when Caitlin accepted my offer to have an author of a female/female-focused book visit my blog. Reading about her book, "Moon Chilled," as I set up this post sent me off to add it to my TBR :D. Sometimes based on the fact of my male Master and some of what I share on my blog, it can look like my sexual orientation is other than it really is. So without further ado, please enjoy Caitlin's lovely blurb and excerpt.



Blurb:

When Shae was thirteen she ran away from a sexually and physically abusive alpha but getting to safety meant leaving her mate, Maiki, behind. Now that she's twenty-three Shae has made an isolated life for herself with only the wolf inside of herself for company.

Then Maiki calls her after a decade of silence, asking her to come back, and Shae cannot say no to her mate. Maiki is a seer and she's had a frightening dream of the pack being demolished and the old farmhouse the alpha lives in going up in flames...

Excerpt:

My life isn't the conventional type of thing you'd expect from someone my age. The twenty-three-year-old women on TV are nothing like me. I've never been to a party, don't know the first thing about getting an education of any type, and my cell phone is a cheap prepaid thing that has barely enough money on it for one phone call. No, my life may not be the expectation of many, but for a werewolf, it's just fine.

I stepped out of the small hunting cabin I was renting and into a chilly winter morning in the Colorado mountains. The cabin was barely big enough for the few pieces of furniture I had in it, none of which were mine. The human in me didn't mind the lack of space, and the wolf part of me had no use for material things. She could make do in most situations, and the small cabin was only of benefit to the human. My wolf would likely prefer it if we never stopped long enough to need a cabin in the first place. She was practical like that, often reminding me that clothes and other things humans seemed to hoard were of no importance to the likes of us. After all, we had our life, and anything else was just gravy.

As a human, I walked the mile into town with the night's frost clinging to my boots. They were worn, picked up in a back alley trashcan in one of the many towns I'd been visited during the last ten years of my life. They were a few sizes too big for me and likely belonged to a man at once point, but at least they weren't tight. And since I rarely wore them, or any other clothing for that matter, I figured I could put up with a bit of discomfort for the sake of looking like a human.

Buy Link:

This book is available for preorder. Releases about 8pm EST on 4/22. And the order page says that there is no explicit content.

http://www.lessthanthreepress.com/books/index.php?main_page=product_bookx_info&cPath=94&products_id=578

Bio:

Caitlin was fortunate growing up to be surrounded by family and teachers that encouraged her love of reading. She has always been a voracious reader and that love of the written word easily morphed into a passion for writing. If she isn't writing, she can usually be found studying as she works toward her counseling degree. She comes from a military family and the men and women of the armed forces are close to her heart. She also enjoys gardening, hiking, and horseback riding in the Colorado Rockies where she calls home with her wonderful fiance and their two dogs. Her belief that there is no one true path to happily ever after runs deeply through all of her stories.

4 comments:

  1. Love the sound of this book. Going to check it out. The first person voice really pulls you in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I happily pre-ordered. I love Caitlin's cover art, so beautiful. I read more on the publisher's website; what a nice business to support too :)

      Delete
  2. Oh this sounds so interesting. Loved the excerpt! Thank you Caitlin and Joelle

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Roz :) I was so happy to go check out this book and Caitlin's publisher. Imagine, being able to have a LGBT romance that doesn't have sex :D

      Delete