Warning

WARNING

This blog will contain...
...profanity, sexually explicit dialog andadult imagery.
If you are under 18 and/or offended by this...
THIS IS NOT THE BLOG YOU ARE LOOKING FOR

Thanks fiona, from "Sir Q and Me" for the warning message that just makes me melt. :)

Friday, March 14, 2014

#SatSpanks ... Rattan cane anyone?

8 or so sentences from writers who love to spank or be spanked. Please enjoy my snippet and then move onto the other hoppers- their links are at the bottom of this post.



Sometimes picking 8 sentences is really hard. In planning for my blog tour to celebrate the re-release of "Out of the Night: Book One" I came up against that 8 sentence issue. While I let Vala summarize the 6 months of her recovery in The Queen's loft, she does mention that she got to see BDSM regularly living with The Queen, Simon, and Tommy. She just watched though, as far as BDSM is concerned :D . But then there was the evening before he took her to his mansion finally. So this week I'm sharing from that scene. Did you make it to Normandie Alleman's blog for the kick off? Enjoy Vala bratting a little; she'll be even worse on 3/29 when I wrap up the tour on Saturday Spankings. After all, who do you think taught me how to brat and be a tease? :D

"So you say you want to try BDSM," The Queen started. He put the magazine down on the table.

Vala read the cover. "Rattan canes? Is that what Simon and Tommy carried in the other day?"

"Yes. Read the article if you want, but canes are not for beginners. I would not use one on you, even if you begged for it."

You can follow the tour here. Also please take a moment to enter my Rafflecopter giveaway. You might win one of the 2 available copies of "Night," a $10 gift certificate for Allromanceebooks.com, or $10 gift certificate for Blushing Books.com.



"Out of the Night: Book One" blurb

Restless and world-weary, Mearr isn't about to admit she needs anyone's help, even this gorgeous man who has taken her into his home. Well one of his homes and part of this huge family she's heard about but not met all of. She's young, looks young, and knows it but at least she's legal now so she can pick a new name to go with her new life...

The Queen knows he wants Mearr bad, ever since the first time he saw her in the window of the coffeehouse. He has his plan, but even a Dominant's plans don't always survive the unpredictability of the future. He struggles to figure out this temperamental woman he's brought home, how best to help her. Then he takes her to his mansion...

They wait patiently for The Queen to bring Mearr home. Well to the home they've been redecorating for Him and for the hopes that she'll become part of their family and be trained to please Him. Simon and Tommy have seen her, of course, being The Queen's right and left hands; they say she'll be a perfect addition...

Please come along with Joelle on this journey, shared with the readers in serial fashion. A multitude of "Happily-ever-afters" are waiting with the completion of book 9.
Author's Note: This novel is meant for open-minded adults. Activities described include a wide range of BDSM and sexual activities, some of which are male/male, male/female, consensual slavery, oral/anal/vaginal intercourse, bondage. The story also covers some sensitive topics in characters' backstories, such as drug abuse.

Buy it on-
As they become available, please check on the "MyBooks" page for links to buy on Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble, and Allromanceebooks.com, if you'd prefer not to buy at Smashwords.
Rafflecopter giveaway code: a Rafflecopter giveaway

22 comments:

  1. Hi Joelle, I'm sorry I have missed a number of posts. I have gotten way behind in blogland and trying to catch up a little. Many congratulations on the re-release! Nice snippet :)

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roz :) well life sometimes pulls us away from blogland for extended periods of time. I know with the personal chaos of parental health, my Master being laid off and then finding a new job-- and the list of personal catastrophe goes on ... sighs-- I haven't been half as good as I'd like on reading- all this with my Master saying I spend too much time online. Yeah, I almost said something most un-submissive at that.

      Delete
  2. I hate canes! I wish I could get the queens's last comment from my husband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, PK. my Master isn't big on cane either, although I loved a kendo stick He borrowed from some one for awhile :D hehe The Queen makes Vala wait until he feels she's ready :D

      Delete
  3. Ah the cane. I love my canes. They can be used for so many sensations, but yes, they can have a huge ouch factor if applied with forceful intent. I like this, you wonder if his curiosity will make him want to have the experience even though he's told he should not wish for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Jolynn. Of course Vala wants to experience "everything" lol- she'll try to brat her way into anything although The Queen is good in his reserve to do what he wants when he wants, not following her bratting into moving faster than he thinks wise

      Delete
  4. A lively and compelling Life-Style specific snippet with a wonderful and coveted view of what BDSM should be in Vala's quandary and the care and caution in use of that Rattan Cane...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Joseph. I do enjoy The Queen when he's behaving as teaching dom and this is a good lifestyle piece. I remember being a 19 year old and wanting to try everything, whether I was ready for it or not lol.

      Delete
  5. I love the cane. I adore it. I think it's lovely! Congrats on the new release Joelle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Natasha :) I do like looking at canes, but I tend to prefer a dom's hand to implements :D

      Delete
  6. See why I love the Queen - this is a wise man. I like canes too ... candy canes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love candy canes too, especially unusual flavors. But yes, The Queen is smart, even if Vala is trying to brat here

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Canes are pretty, but they are usually quite intense in my experience. I can't imagine using a cane lightly, hence part of The Queen's instruction here :D. Thanks for the comment, Leigh

      Delete
  8. Ooh canes, be they bamboo or rattan... evil things. But great for a nice striped bottom. ~grins~ Very sensible Queen you have there ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. striped bottom :D reminds me of a later caning in the serial :D thanks for the comment, Christina.

      Delete
  9. The Queen seems fair, which is always a nice trait for a Dom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, John. There are certainly moments when "because I want that" is completely reasonable for a dom, I think, but The Queen would suspend such behavior for a lesson, especially when it's safety-based.

      Delete
  10. The cane's not for beginners. Sounds right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Normandie :) I think the levels of experience within The Queen's stable have been one of the greatest joys of the serial for me- while Vala might not be ready for something I wanted to do, there's usually someone who is and/or is interested. I loved writing the padded room scene with Simon and Tommy, for instance, that gave me a little moment with a scene that's going to be in my 4th book.

      Delete
  11. I like the assumption she is going to be begging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Jaye. It didn't even occur to me how the begging comment would look- because this from the point in which she's been begging him for anything beyond vanilla sex for months now.

      Delete