Warning

WARNING

This blog will contain...
...profanity, sexually explicit dialog andadult imagery.
If you are under 18 and/or offended by this...
THIS IS NOT THE BLOG YOU ARE LOOKING FOR

Thanks fiona, from "Sir Q and Me" for the warning message that just makes me melt. :)

Friday, January 31, 2014

#SatSpanks ... Just swimming?

8 or so sentences from writers who love to spank or be spanked. Please enjoy my snippet and then move onto the other hoppers- their links are at the bottom of this post.

I love the Saturday Spankings blog hop, but (and this isn't a "I feel unwelcome" type thing) I know my perspective is rather different than many of the other authors who share their snippets. My stories aren't heterosexual, even if I just show a man and a woman engaged in some interaction. "Sex" to me isn't just "penis goes into vagina." My focus, in life and in writing, is polyamorous and pansexual. Gender and sexual orientations and presentations are individual to the character being presented. Behavior also doesn't predict or determine gender- I may look like a heterosexual, monogamously married woman, but I'm queer and polyamorous. Naming, especially when a person takes a new name because of some factor in her/his/hir life, is a sacred thing. Yes, between The Queen's legs are a penis and testicles, but The Queen is still his name- the fact that a queen is usually a female does not matter nor determine his sexuality.

In conversations with a few author friends, I realized that I do tend to share more male/female pairings on this hop, even with the broad focus of my writings. I know part of this is because of the unique dynamics in my "Vala's Story" serial- it is her story and while she has a male master who loves corporal play (The Queen), she also has a dominant (that being Iona) who prefers candle wax to corporal play. Since I'm sharing my the 3rd installment in the serial- the WIP "Skipping Down the Primrose Path: Book Three"- I decided to share from an area of the book that doesn't involve Vala. I do "head hop" a bunch and in her amusing comments directly to the reader, Vala does talk about her tendency to head hop, to want to share as much as she can.

Scene set up- The Queen's best friend, Prince Synn, has come for a visit. On a tour of the newly rebuilt mansion that Synn hasn't seen yet, the men come across Raanan and Gaelan "swimming" in the in-door pool. Raanan's guilty behavior kicks off the interrogation. :D

"Enjoying the pool, my boys?" The Queen rested his hands on his hips.

"We were just swimming, my Queen!" Raanan swam to the edge of the pool.

"Just swimming? Is that what you call fucking now?"

Raanan broke into a dark blush, his gaze on The Queen's feet.

"Here!" The Queen pointed at the floor in front of him.

--
Now just because I'm a tease like that :D, I'm going to tell you that this little scene will take us a few weeks, although once I get the re-release and blog tour ready for "Out of the Night: Book One," I'll have to interrupt this scene at least one week. Aren't I a tease?

Okay and here's the linky tools so you can go enjoy the other authors sharing their naughty snippets of spanking fun.

38 comments:

  1. Uh oh! I think the Queen is a tad upset. You leave us hanging at some pretty alluring places, Joelle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's been a very hard day for The Queen. nods nods. his best friend is trying to make it better, but Raanan is such a naughty, silly boy. but you, miss LA, just need to have patience... The Queen will make Raanan an honest little boy right quick :D

      Delete
  2. Yay! That's wonderful--shame and sex go together like chocolate and peanut butter. In fantasy. Only in fantasy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well only in fantasy for some :D I imagine though how overwhelmed I'd be feeling if I was in Raanan's not-shoes... just a context reminder, in terms of The Queen's hierarchy of slaves, Gealan belongs to Raanan and Raanan wasn't doing anything against the rules. but how fitting you'd mention chocolate and peanut butter- at least on the chocolate, the only thing The Queen likes better is sex hehe

      Delete
  3. You say potato, Queen says potahto. LOL. Enjoyed your snippet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lmao yes, The Queen calls it :D thanks for the comment, Cara. I do love though, the little joke of what Raanan and Gaelan actually carried me for a few scenes- even beyond the scene I'm snippeting from

      Delete
  4. The Queen rules and that is that. She calls it what she will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes :) he has the final say in everything :D even if it's just what the slaves are doing in the pool :D

      Delete
  5. I'm very opened to anything you want to write - but I do appreciate the explanation so I know who's who and what's going on. So that's what they're calling it these days… Swimming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course, PK. especially with these snippets from "Vala's Story"- I'm not writing a male/female spanking romance, or even a male/male, female/female. There are many characters, plots, subplots :D. my Master once likened it to a difference between "Star Trek" and "Babylon 5"- yes, I live in a geeky household :D. But the difference being that "Star Trek" episodes are complete within themselves were "Babylon 5"'s writers used a lot of story arcs that lasted over many episodes

      Delete
  6. I LOLd (yeah, LOLd is a word, pfft) at the swimming-fucking line. Yes I did. And Cara's comment was funny too. I'm glad you're in Sat Spanks and "head hopping" is what I do in real life, I think, too. I have no prob with it, but then, you know me, not really big on the "rules." :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just wait for the rest of the snippeting :D some more weeks you'll get to enjoy these lovely men. There are definitely points you will LOL more- and I agree, it is a word, just like I overheard my teen the other day say "BRB" as word and I say BDSM as a word all the time. but yes, it's always good to be choosy about which rules one follows :) thanks for the giggles and the comment

      Delete
  7. The Queen sounds dead scary. I'd not fuck in his pool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. interesting that he comes off that way to you, Anne. While he's definitely strict, except for one time that he got really angry and even he admitted after the fact that he wasn't in line with SSC, I'd never picture him scary. Thanks for the thoughtful comment

      Delete
  8. I can see this will turn into something very enjoyable, at least for one of them. I think you and I are somewhat in the same camp. I too post mainly M/f but that isn't how I live my life, and I think you should be proud of what you write and feel no matter what pairing. Well aside from money and llama :) I live a F/f DD marriage and I write M/f chiefly because it pays the bills. Any of my play with men has the upper hand in my court, but sadly, many frown on that or view the man as masculine if he is submissive. Keep being you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn auto correct. I meant Un masculine.

      Delete
    2. I had a feeling you meant un-masculine,even before moving on to your second comment, Jolynn :). It's hard when so many people have preconceived notions of so many things. and yes, it does go on well :)

      hm paying the bills with writing... I'd like to do that :D and why am I thinking of "llama llama duck" now? hehe. yeah, I'm not very good at staying within genre formulas, hence why I self-publish :D

      Delete
    3. I just wanted to dovetail a bit on what Jolynn said vis-a-vis writing M/f to pay the bills. I'm a hetero male, and I write M/f because I love it, AND because it's by far the biggest market. That said, I have so many F/f stories I want to tell too. It's torture having to choose the one over the other for business reasons ... but perhaps someday I'll be able to mix in more and more F/f too.

      Yes, I just realized nobody needed to know any of that. Just expressing some solidarity with Jolynn's business decisions:)

      Delete
  9. Oh yes, we should call it swimming...excellent euphemism.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes yes! although a private, indoor pool certainly places this within the realm of fantasy, but yes, we can most definitely call it swimming- although I've been trying to brat my Master into something and it is all too cold in Michigan for swimming atm

      Delete
  10. "Swimming"

    These crazy kids with their euphemisms... thanks for sharing, Joelle:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Something makes me think they're all about to go to the deep end (heh, pool pun)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe cute pool pun :) thanks for the comment, Sadie

      Delete
  12. It's important that you share the parts of yourself that mean the most at the time. Whether that's a queer part or a straight part shouldn't matter so much as the heart behind it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Patricia. It's funny to me; I don't think so much in terms of queer and straight parts of me, and sometimes that non-labeling of myself carries over into my writing in unexpected ways.

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. nods, swimming is good, Angie :D have you ever seen "Braveheart"? It's in the introductions of "Out of the Night: Book One"- Gaelan, who Raanan is "swimming" with, I describe to look like William Wallace's friend Hamish- big, burly, red-headed Scot. yum!

      Delete
  14. Sorry I am late to this Joelle. "swimming" ... loved it! Ooh, the Queen had me squirming lol. He means business!

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww no problem, Roz! hugs! last week's Saturday Spankings, I didn't finish until Friday afternoon- I was impressed with myself that I finished reading & commenting on everyone else's snippets before 6pm last night. The Queen is fun. I love his impatience at the beginning of the scene. Good thing for Raanan that he's only impatient with hearing the truth, not actually angry :D

      Delete
  15. I find the Queen and the whole dynamic totally fascinating. Like the others, I giggled at the mention of 'swimming' .... I quite fancy a little swim myself actually ... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Abigail :) Well The Queen, Vala, and her story is most definitely my book baby :) I can't wait to see how you and everyone enjoy this scene as it unfolds; I have a few weeks with it, especially depending on how it goes with getting the re-release and blog tour ready

      Delete
  16. LOL, The Queen doth has a sense of humor;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Mary. yup, I imagine him struggling not to laugh as he's punishing Raanan here, well in the upcoming snippets

      Delete
  17. Uh oh. I feel trouble coming… Great snippet Joelle :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but a good sort of trouble- 'cause with the length thing lengthened for Love Spanks, I shared more this week :D

      Delete
  18. Yeah, I didn't think The Queen was angry so much as playing the dominant, alpha male. Raanan was a bad boy, so he'll probably be punished, but I think The Queen was secretly amused by their "swimming."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, Kathryn. Yes, sometimes it's the principle of the matter :D Just say what your dom obviously knows you were already doing :D

      Delete